GUEST POST: Featuring Kelly from KellsDIYnails on Facebook!

    September 28, 2011

    Guest Post by Kelly!

    Welcome Kelly to my blog! She has a Facebook page dedicated to her nail art, so make sure to stop by there and check it out! And she is welcome back to my blog anytime! 
    _______________________________________________________________________________


    A big ‘Hello!’ to Amy’s Followers!

    I am so very appreciative to be able to do a guest post for Amy today. This is my very first time doing a blog post so I reviewed this about a million (+1) times before clicking on the ‘Send’ button.

    My name is Kelly, I live in Southern California , and I do not have a blog (Wow, kinda feels like an AA meeting) ;-). However, I do have a Facebook page (facebook.com/KellsDIYnails). Initially, I was posting pictures of my manis on my personal page, but then I got some negative feedback from friends who are not ‘Nail Nuts’. So, to prevent further negativity, I created my Nail page. I’ve only had my page up for a couple of months now, but I am having a blast meeting other ‘Nail Nuts’ and talking all things nails and polish.

    I would love to share more, but I want to get to the heart of things… My mani!

    One of these is not like the other…


    Zoya: Kimmy, Tanzy, and Penny

    I ended up choosing all Zoya for this mani. Two of these Zoya’s are from the Sunshine Collection (Kimmy & Tanzy). The odd man out, is Penny. Yes, I know it is officially Autumn, and with all the widespread panic over all the fantastic Fall Collections, why am I still using Summer Collection polishes??? Well, because I was saving Kimmy for a night out and it just so happens I am going out tonight. Kimmy makes for the perfect accessory, She is vibrant, sparkling, and sexy. I used Kimmy as my main color; Tanzy and Penny are her back-up dancers.


    Zoya, Kimmy. 2 coats. Out of all of the Sunshine Collection polishes, Kimmy and Reva are the more opaque colors. You can see some VNL in the photo, but it is not as noticeable in real life. The formula is a golden glass-fleck that is thin and jelly-like. Very easy to manipulate on the nail. Zoya also has a great brush. It fans out well on the nail and holds a nice amount of polish. Zoya is definitely one of my favorite polishes. It’s a little on the expensive side ($8), but the quality is superior to other brands in the same price point.


    Accent Nail: Using the sponging technique, I sponged Tanzy over Kimmy on about 2/3 of my nail, and then sponged the tip with Penny. Zoya’s Sunshine Collection is great on its own, but the layering options you get with these are a blast to play with; Instead of using a gold glitter in a clear base as a layering option, try Tanzy, Rica, Apple, or Faye. It’s super pretty! If you try it, drop me a line on my Facebook Page at facebook.com/KellsDIYnails and let me know what you think! While you’re there, ‘Like’ my page.



    Barielle, Get Mauve-ing with Zoya, Faye on top; Essie, Who’s She Red with Zoya, Rica on top.

    It’s been a blast blogging with you today!!!


Blog Archive

Total Pageviews